Peter A. Gall is widely recognized for his expertise in general civil litigation, administrative law, constitutional law as well as labour and employment law. He has acted as counsel before various administrative tribunals and at all levels of the courts. Mr. Gall also represents clients in the sports and entertainment fields.
He has appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada in numerous cases, including:
- RWDSU v. Dolphin Delivery Ltd.,  2 S.C.R. 573.
- Stoffman v. Vancouver General Hospital,  3 S.C.R. 483.
- Harrison v. University of British Columbia,  3 S.C.R. 451.
- R. v. Advance Cutting & Coring Ltd., 2001 SCC 70.
- Health Services and Support – Facilities Subsector Bargaining Assn. v. British Columbia, 2007 SCC 27.
- Ontario (Attorney General) v. Fraser, 2011 SCC 20.
- Public Service Alliance of Canada v. Canada Post Corp., 2011 SCC 57.
- International Longshoremen’s and Warehousemen’s Union, Ship and Dock Foremen, Local 514 v. Prince Rupert Grain Ltd.,  2 S.C.R. 432.
- British Columbia (Public Service Employee Relations Commission) v. British Columbia Government and Service Employees’ Union, 1999 SCC 48.
- Sharbern Holding Inc. v. Vancouver Airport Centre Ltd., 2011 SCC 23.
- British Columbia (Workers’ Compensation Board) v. Figliola, 2011 SCC 52.
- Construction Labour Relations v. Driver Iron Inc., 2012 SCC 65.
- Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada, Local 30 v. Irving Pulp & Paper, Ltd., 2013 SCC 34.
Mr. Gall was counsel to the Korbin Commission on the contractual relationships between the government and doctors in British Columbia.
He has authored numerous articles on administrative, constitutional, and labour law, some which have been cited and quoted from by the Supreme Court of Canada. A regular guest speaker in Canada and abroad, he has been a keynote speaker at the Stanford lectures for Canadian Judges. He has served as the associate editor of the Administrative Law Reports and is a former contributing editor of the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Cases. He has been an adjunct professor at Stanford, University of Victoria, and University of British Columbia Law Schools, and was Visiting Scholar at the Stanford Law School during the Fall term of 2004.
Formerly, Mr. Gall was a founding partner at Heenan Blaikie’s Vancouver office from 1991 to 2014. He also previously founded Jordan and Gall, which merged with Blakes and started the Blakes’ Vancouver office. Earlier in his career, from 1976 to 1980, he was an assistant professor at the University of British Columbia Law School.